January 14, 2021
Earlier this week high schools across Colorado were informed that due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) in conjunction with Boulder County Health (BCH) are requiring CHSAA to modify Season B sports. These decisions will affect all sport calendars for the Boys/Girls Basketball, Girls Swimming, Cheer, Dance, and Wrestling. Please see the below bullet points in relation to CHSAA season B modifications:
- Interested participants in wrestling please see the attached LINK from St Vrain Valley Schools.
- Per CDPHE and BCH roster sizes in all sports (Boys and Girls Basketball, Swimming, Wrestling, and Spirit) will be limited. Coaches will communicate these changes.
- Temperature/questionnaire screening will take place prior to practices/games (onsite and off).
- Locker rooms will NOT be available. Student-athletes will be asked to arrive ready for practice/games.
Masks MUST be worn at all times by coaches/participants per BCH.
Basketball: Masks MUST be worn at all times including practices and games.
Wrestling: Masks MUST be worn at all times including practices and matches.
Swimming: Masks MUST be worn at all times except for when actively swimming in the pool. Once a student-athlete exits the pool, they must put their mask on.
Spirit: Masks MUST be worn at all times including practices and competitions. An exception applies to the CHSAA state tournament.
- We have been directed that indoor practice spaces (gyms) must clear of all participants for 30 minutes prior to the start of the next group. Practices will be capped up to 1 hour and 30 minutes for all teams to accommodate. Coaches will communicate these schedules to you soon.
- Students must arrive at their designated practice/game time (set by their coach) and must leave immediately after. Students will not be allowed to linger or participate in multiple sessions with different cohorts (teams). Parents, please be aware of transportation needs at these times.
- Per BCH there will be no spectators allowed for indoor competitions and games. Varsity home games will be streamed via:Silver Creek Sports Network. Link to all sports schedules. Silver Creek Athletic Schedules
- Students can (with parent/coach permission) transport themselves to and from games. District transportation will be provided as needed. Please note that some games will require all students to take district transportation (distanced opponents, late at nights, weather, etc.
- Athletic Registration Link:
- Sport-specific Head Coach contacts are as follows:
Boys Basketball: Bob Banning; email@example.com
Girls Basketball: Ashley Jelly; firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Swimming: Deb Stewart; email@example.com
Wrestling: Chris Blair; firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheer: Taylor Austin; email@example.com
Dance:Jordyn Mathews; firstname.lastname@example.org
Many of our community members are avid supporters of our student-athletes and we are excited to watch our Silver Creek Raptor athletes compete this winter. We understand that this season will be unique and unlike any other.
We will continue to keep you updated on future schedule changes as we receive more information. Thank you for your continued partnership and support as we continue to navigate through these challenges.
Patrick DeCamillis-Athletic Director/Assistant Principal SCHS: email@example.com
Erick Finnestead-Principal SCHS: firstname.lastname@example.org